National Premmie Foundation
“Caring, Supporting, Informing Australia”
Each year up to 25,000 Australian babies are born prematurely. Globally, 15 million babies are born before 37 weeks gestation and sadly around 1 million of these babies will not survive. The National Premmie Foundation is the founding Australian representative of World Prematurity Day and the World Prematurity Network. Yasminah’s Gift Of Hope is a proud member group of the (NPF).
The National Premmie Foundation (NPF) works to raise awareness of premature birth and neonatal loss. Its aim is to ensure that all prem parents receive the information, care and support they need to make an extremely difficult time just that little bit better.
The National Premmie Foundation (NPF) is the peak national organisation in Australia for parents who experience premature birth or neonatal loss. It consists of a network of individual members and member groups from across Australia making it the largest organisation in Australia representing the interests of families of preterm infants. The majority of our members are parents who have experienced premature birth or neonatal loss.
What does the National Premmie Foundation do?
- Raise awareness of preterm birth
- Represent the interests of parents of prems in terms of hospital policy, health policy, funding and standards of care
- Raise the profile and awareness of the plight of NICU/SCN infants and their families and the issues surrounding their care and long term development
- Work as part of an International Alliance to reduce the incidence of preterm birth
- Co-ordinate World Prematurity Awareness Month and World Prematurity Day (which occurs in November each year) activities throughout Australia
- Link parents with the group best suited to meet their need for care and support.
- Facilitate and assist with the formation of new groups so that all parents have access to the support they need
You can purchase a unique National Premmie Foundation, Australian Prematurity Awareness Ribbon by visiting our online store and celebrate all children born too soon. The ribbon in the form of a lapel pin, was designed and launched by the National Premmie Foundation in November 2012 as part of the World Prematurity Day celebrations.
As a member group of the NPF, when you purchase an Australian Premature Birth Awareness Ribbon direct from our website, 100% of the proceeds from each pin sold will go directly to our organisation and assist us in continuing our important work of providing support to affected families.
If you are a prem parent, grandparent, aunt or uncle etc buy a ribbon to honour the struggle of your tiny family member. Wear it visibly and explain to anyone who asks what it stands for.